Accessing GPIO Pins via Android

Started by soorajkumar, April 17, 2013, 06:39:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

soorajkumar

Good evening everyone,

Can anyone reading this post suggest me some methods of accessing GPIO pins through Android library?

Does any specific android library exist for accessing the GPIO pins for A13 olinuxino micro board?

mb

I'm using the Linux userspace GPIO driver for my project and it works well, I even got interrupts working (through JNI). This generic GPIO driver makes the pins accessible via the filesystem which makes everything very easy to access in Android applications, you just open and then read write regular files. I think A13 GPIO support for this was just recently added to the sunxi-linux repository on GitHub so you might need to get kernel sources from there. You also need to update your script.bin to reflect which ports/pins you want to use.

I have an ambition to write up a blog post about all this some day...

/Martin

JohnS

Android 4 doesn't fit well on the micro board

John

jasonjf

What makes you say that John? What are the issues? RAM? Ive seen instructions on flashing the sd card so im sure thats not the problem- Please elaborate.

JohnS

The other posts on here.

AFAIK no-one has made it work.

John

soorajkumar

hey hi John,

So you are saying that android OS doesn't work properly on a13 olinuxino board? could you suggest a remedy for it?
I have to use android OS anyhow.So,please suggest

soorajkumar

hii martin..

could you just elaborate on how I am supposed to go about it? thanks in advance...

JohnS

AFAIK it works but not on the Micro.  The officially supported board is the WiFi one - see Olimex product pages.

John

soorajkumar

hey hi,

Is there any way to access gpio pins via android?