PWR_BUT very tricky - why?

Started by jess, November 06, 2013, 07:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jess

I decided to open a new topic related to Power ON/OFF issues with A13-Olinuxino boards when applying the recommended elsewhere PWR_BUT.

My question is - HOW to reliably shut down the A13 boards?

The recommended use of PWR_BUT does NOT always work. It is hit and miss, sometime you press it and hold for 6 seconds and Android shuts down. Then again, sometime it goes into the "sleep" mode still keeping at least 3.1V alive across the USB. Often when on the batteries it suddenly becomes hard to shut it down via PWR_BUT. Then again, do connect a 12V external power supply and it occasionally (but NOT always) allows you to shut it down again... go figure.

Very very tricky!

Does anybody know how to reliably power down the A13-Olinuxino-WiFi boards so there's NO voltage present on USB ports?

davidefa

QuoteDoes anybody know how to reliably power down those A13-Olinuxino-WiFI boards

I think you mean using Android 4.0.3 and a lipo battery

jess

Quote from: davidefa on November 06, 2013, 07:32:30 PM
QuoteDoes anybody know how to reliably power down those A13-Olinuxino-WiFI boards

I think you mean using Android 4.0.3 and a lipo battery

Yes, all the A13 boards have Android 4.0.3 with 8000mAh LiPo batteries.

JohnS

Chances are the fault lies with part of the software but even if it doesn't you'll need to trace what happens on pressing that button.

I think ALL the relevant code is available so your task will be much easier than having to reverse engineer it :)

John

jess

@JohnS - Can you be a bit more specific where to search "in ALL relevant code" for the ev.solution?
Is it somewhere in the FEX file, and if yes - where should I start?

JohnS

I don't use Android on my board but they released the code so go looking.

John