[SOLVED] Root file system from scratch and tslib

Started by Alex293, September 25, 2014, 02:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alex293

Hi guys,
I already build image with ts, mali, cedar,vlc and qt support but now i need to build the root file system from scratch.
I manage to do it but i met two issues :

- TSLIB is not working since i don't have the sunxi-ts kernel module

- Serial ports in Qt are looking for libudev.so but i installed it on the board and on the host and make some copies everywhere but i can't make i work. NB : When i cross-compile Qt udev is recognized.

My priority is to make the TS work.

Any idea ?

ikozic

Hi,
I thought I'd join in, since I'm facing similar issue with the rootfs - up to now, I've been using Linaro developer rootfs and I just upgraded it with the packages Qt needs to run. However, it grows significantly (it's now somewhere around 1 Gb, and I'd like to have it under 100 Mb). I thought of using Linaro nano rootfs and instead of apt-get, just copy the needed files, but I'm open to other alternatives as well...

I don't understand what's your issue with rootfs? TSLIB has nothing to do with rootfs - you need to build it, install it and that's it. Regarding the missing sunxi-ts module, it's built by kernel, you just need to copy it to your rootfs (/etc/modules if I'm not mistaken).

What do you use for rootfs? Did you use something already available (Linaro, Debian, Arch...) or did you build it yourself?

Alex293

Hi,
I ikozic followed your tuto for Qt this summer and i have been able to cross-compile QT applications with TSLIB.
But i've been asked to be able to build everything from scratch to be sure that we control everything.
I have already QT, mali, cedar, vlc, ump, dualscreen (HDMI+LCD), but tslib don't wants to work.
I tried to compile it on the board or by cross-compilation. Serial ports work now it was just a bug.

My roots is built with qemu and debian repos.
sunxi-ts is builtin my kernel. that why i can't load it.

For now i don't know watch to do to make it run smoothly =(

I have another question too, how can you increase frame buffer size ? Kernel arguments don't seem to have any effet. I'm stuck with LCD as screen 0 and HMDI as screen 1 and i need to invert it to use cedar and vlc on hdmi. Have you any clue ?

Alex293

TS is now working, there was just a error with a path in an environnement variable.