gt9xx touchscreen driver

Started by sqt, December 05, 2014, 12:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sqt

Is there a gt9xx driver for sunxi-linux 3.4.

dave-at-axon

Have you looked in the source?

For the Android Linux 3.4 there is a gt9xx driver so I would assume there is one for plain Linux.

Try doing this and see if the module was included in your build.

insmod gt91xx_ts

sqt

Thanks for replying.

Sorry for not providing much details. I was trying to build the latest kernel from https://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi. I found gt811 and gt818 drivers but not for gt9xx.
I found a folder named drivers/sw_touchscreen in the  A20 SDK2.0 (Linux Kernel 3.4) . I tried to copy those files to the corresponding latest linux-sunxi3.4 directory. But there seems to be too much changes in the include files. Some of the #include files are not found.
Upon inspection, it seems like the SDK from olimex has linux 3.4.39 whereas the latest kernel source is at 3.4.103. A lot must have changed since then.
I was wondering if there is any way that I can include the gt9xx driver files in the latest kernel. Or will I have to use an older release of the kernel.

PS: I prefer downloading and building the kernel using buildroot than using the an SDK from olimex. I need to have more flexibility and control over the build.

sqt

Please anybody help me!

I'm stuck.

dave-at-axon

As there is a driver for Android then your only option is to try and port this to Debian Linux.

I did a search but nothing came up.

You could also try over on the linux-sunxi group on Google and see if anyone there has done it.