A20-OLinuXIno-LIME2 : Optimise Sata

Started by oc67, July 14, 2015, 10:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oc67

Hello,

i'm playing with this board and i need to know if it's possible to increase speed W/R on sata 500GB Maxtor.

Actualy with dd i write 2 files. 256MB and 4GB
On board i have 80MBs for 256MB and 35MBs for 4GB
On my desktop i have 95MBs for both files

I think the problème is optimisation (or physical limitation) of sata "controler"

Debian Linux a20-olimex 3.4.90+ #11 SMP PREEMPT Wed Aug 20 08:20:32 EEST 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux

thanks

dannym

Try: echo 2 > /proc/irq/$(expr 0 + $(awk -F":" '/ahci/ {print $1}' /proc/interrupts))/smp_affinity , or put that into /etc/rc.local that it always does that. I did that and I get 95 MB/s consistently.

See also: http://linux-sunxi.org/SATA

oc67

Hello.
I'm back.

I tried your solution.

if i try on my noteboot with ls :
ls /proc/irq/$(expr 0 + $(awk -F":" '/ahci/ {print $1}' /proc/interrupts))/smp_affinity
/proc/irq/43/smp_affinity

and on board no prompt after
I paste this line in konsole :
echo 2 > /proc/irq/$(expr 0 + $(awk -F":" '/ahci/ {print $1}' /proc/interrupts))/smp_affinity
idem with
echo 2 >/proc/irq/$(awk -F":" '/ahci/ {print $1}' </proc/interrupts)/smp_affinity

I try to copy in another konsole, but it's not faster

if i try :
ls -R | grep -i ahci
sw_ahci
./88/sw_ahci:

no prompt if i try with :
echo 2 >/proc/irq/$(awk -F":" '/sw_ahci/ {print $1}' </proc/interrupts)/smp_affinity
or
echo 2 > /proc/irq/$(expr 0 + $(awk -F":" '/sw_ahci/ {print $1}' /proc/interrupts))/smp_affinity

so i directly write :
echo 2 > /proc/irq/88/smp_affinity

but it's slower 20MBs (35MBs before)
20MBs and 35MBs are not stable, it's max speed then the speed down and up and down and up...