what is the highest QT version success cross compile for olinuxino a20 until now

Started by alex824, December 29, 2016, 04:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alex824

Hi everyone:

I am a beginner in embedded linux. I am good at develop 8051/arm mpu with usosII or no OS.  Based on the product requirements, I need a GUI. After investigation, I decided to using A2O as hardware, because A2O has GPU that support video, 3D. I choose the linux as the OS, because I don't use ANDROID program language. I am know well C and C++. Finally, I choose the QT as the gui.

I got a olinuxino-marco board and following blow links:
https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=2666.15
https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=3826.0

Luck! I am succeed. I am running QT5.2.0 on the board based the Linux kernel.

So my question is:
QT 5.2.0 is a low version. I want to use QT5.7. Does anybody success cross compile QT5.7 in olinuxino a20 board?

or what is the highest QT version success cross compile for olinuxino a20 until now?

I guess QT is very important for embedded linux. So we must promote the QT high version  Development for making some
cool gui(3D, dynamic graph..) in A20 product.

I'm looking forward to reply.

Thanks!

srxa

I was able to crosscompile latest QT versions, there is some changes in process, but now it is easier because MALI support is added by default in QT. I have some problems compiling QTwebengine for now, everything else works, so I would like to solve that also, and then I will write new HOWTO, but I have some other stuff which I need finish right now. i think I can manage to write new instructions during this or next month, and i hope it will be with QTwebengine.

alex824

Quote from: srxa on January 03, 2017, 05:25:13 PM
I was able to crosscompile latest QT versions, there is some changes in process, but now it is easier because MALI support is added by default in QT. I have some problems compiling QTwebengine for now, everything else works, so I would like to solve that also, and then I will write new HOWTO, but I have some other stuff which I need finish right now. i think I can manage to write new instructions during this or next month, and i hope it will be with QTwebengine.

Thanks very much! Many beginner will  speed up development,because refer to your description!