MOD ZIGBEE UEXT, Does is have a firmware by default?

Started by bimodh, February 01, 2013, 02:56:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bimodh

I have bought a new MOD-ZIGBEE-UEXT. Is this module, by default, loaded with any  co-ordinator or end device firmware? Whether we have to program it? Is yes, how to do that? Which debgger/program board we have to use? By seralizatordotnet.exe, can we program the board without a debugger/Program Board? Is it necessary to install MPLab?

JohnS

I don't know that particular Olimex device but for their other devices they provide a web page with quite a lot of data often including samples, manual, schematic etc.  I am surprised if the page for this device is so different... is it?

bimodh

They have given the examples, source codes and all. But not the details for how to write the data to the board, i mean the procedure etc. Moreover, no explanations on default conditions too. Wot 2 do?? :(

JohnS

I expect Olimex sell the devices on the basis that people who buy them have planned how to use the devices and what software they will write / acquire.

The product page makes it clear what is provided with the device, doesn't it?

I'm puzzled which parts you don't understand about what it says or alternately why you bought it.  Do explain!

John