Can't find change_display_a20_olimex.sh script

Started by vadim, April 23, 2021, 09:17:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vadim

Hi,

I'm trying to set up the LCS display on LIME2 board. Using the image on SD card supplied by Olimex (p/n 96792).
The manual says (section 2.6) to execute a shell script named change_display_a20_olimex.sh in /root folder. However, this folder has no such script (or anywhere else on the board :

root@a20-olinuxino:/# find -name "change_display*"
root@a20-olinuxino:/#

Is this documentation out of date? What is the current method to configure LCD resolution?

LubOlimex

It is outdated. In latest Olimage images the scripts are:

~#olinuxino-display – allows setting different video output;

~#olinuxino-overlay – provides easy way to enable or disable different hardware assignments – different I2C, SPI, UART, CAN, PWM, etc;

Notice that we mainly support our own LCDs, if your display is not Olimex-made you should use our scripts as a basis on how to add support for your LCD.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

vadim

Thank you. Is there updated documentation describing the use of those scripts?
I plan to try both OLinuXino-5CTS and OLinuXino-43TS

Also, is there documentation on how to access eMMC flash?  (board part number 92437  T2-OLinuXino-LIME2-e8Gs16M-IND)

LubOlimex

CTS and RTS require different positioning of a resistor matrices. By default the boards are set for resistive touchscreen.

The eMMC flash should be listed with fdisk by default.

You can install the Linux to it with another command:

~#olinuxino-sd-to-emmc – allows booting from eMMC; transfers the Linux file system from the card to the eMMC memory (if your board has one); boot is placed in SPI flash memory;

vadim

Thanks, I also noticed the mistake in ordering. I should have ordered RTS instead of TS since the board is configured for a digital interface. I plan to order RTS once I get the touch screen working with CTS (have a separate question posted about it).

Regarding the "boot is placed in SPI flash memory;" comment above - is any configuration intended to boot from eMMC is required to also have an SPI IC present on a board?

LubOlimex

It is not possible to boot directly from the eMMC since that part of the boot process does not work well with newest 5.1 eMMC memories. The eMMC boot code is old and only for older eMMC (up to 5.0), unfortunately such memories are not easy to find anymore.

Hence SPI->eMMC boot. All Olimex boards that have eMMC also have SPI.