language Chinese after android built

Started by WimRoose, February 06, 2013, 01:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WimRoose

Hi everyone

I've managed to build an Android image with the SDK, following the instructions on the wiki and (thanks guys!) this forum. After the known and other small hassles with building on Ubuntu 12.04, the built succeeded. I flashed it to nand with LiveSuite on XP, and applied the downloadable config for VGA. All perfect, except that Android runs in Chinese (or Japanese). No English. Quite stupid after all :-)

Anyone can help? (I've searched this forum, no luck)

grtz

Wim

asianremedy

You have to change language string in build.prop file before packing. I don't remember exactly where this file is located but try to search it in exdroid folder. It should help, regards

murerten

You can change it in the file ProductCommon.mk in android4.0/device/softwinner/nuclear-common folder.

WimRoose

Thanks guys. I've changed the entries, but building process on Ubuntu 12.04 (VM on Xenserver) is not reliable. I've installed a new 10.04 on an older machine, so compiling process takes some time now. I'll keep you posted.

cheers

Wim

murerten

Sometimes you have to delete the file in android4.0/out directory and compile again to see the change you make.

WimRoose

murerten & all: it's working now. Thanks again for the help!