STM32E407- USB-SERIAL-F COLOUR CODE ISSUE

Started by sandeepsiv, June 08, 2024, 08:35:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandeepsiv

Hi,
I bought STM32E407 and USB-SERIAL-F for my project. I have used many more usb to uart cables and they all have same colour code.
ie. Red - VCC
Green - TXD
White - RXD
Black - GND
But for olimex colour code is entirely different. It may cause an experienced person to connect the cable in wrong way. Because all other manufacturers follow the standard colour code.
Olimex converter colour code is
Blue - GND
White - VCC
Green - RX
Red - TX

So everyone please careful while using olimex serial cable. It may cause your controller to be damaged.

Please make sure you also keep the standard colour code in future. A humble request to olimex team

With regards
Sandeep

olimex

Hi

That you have used cables with different color coding do not make them standard which others to consider.

I find your suggestion to change our product funny.

It would be less troublesome for us if you ask the other cable supplier to match our colors, then you will be not confused anymore

Thanks
Tsvetan

sandeepsiv

Hi,
I know olimex is a cheap product manufacturers, they didn't look for standardisation. We have the right to decide do not buy your non standardized products. It's more funny that your product considers RED as TX and WHITE as VCC. Such a foolish coding.. You can check FTDI standards. Don't waste our time by selling your cheap products.

LubOlimex

Please point us to a document or resource for standardized cable coloring.

We have clarified on the product page the colors of each wire, the exact text is as follows:

"USB-SERIAL-F now uses PL-2303 HXD (compared to PL-2303 TA and PL-2303 XA that were used in older revisions) and now has four wires: GND = BLACK, 5V VCC = WHITE, RX(INPUT) = GREEN, TX(OUTPUT) = RED"
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex