September 27, 2024, 06:47:18 AM

gatemate - write to flash?

Started by sures, August 02, 2024, 11:59:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sures

It seems I ordered the version without the U3 spi flash...
Any chance to make the .bin persistent on the fpga? So everytime I have to download the binary to the board and all is lost when i push fpga reset? Sorry for the newbie question...

sures

This is the command I tried and the result:

../../bin/openFPGALoader/openFPGALoader -f --unprotect-flash -c dirtyJtag blink_00.cfg.bit
empty
write to flash
Jtag frequency : requested 6000000Hz -> real 6000000Hz
Detail:
Jedec ID          : ff
memory type       : ff
memory capacity   : ff
flash chip unknown: use basic protection detection
unlock blocks
timeout: ff 1000
ff
wait: Error

LubOlimex

I am not sure if it is possible to save data between resets without the SPI flash.
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

sures

Thanks for the reply, I realized my mistake. Is there a way to add an external spi flash to the board e.g. W25Q64 and make it to work as the non-ordered U3 chip?

LubOlimex

Yes, but also the two resistor matrices and the capacitor. Refer to the schematic. Where it says 2MB Configuration Data in the top right corner. Let me know if it is not clear.

sures

I managed to identify this section on the schema, but I don't see the points where I have to solder (connect) the pins of the flash chip, like IO_WA_B8 etc. Are they accessible on the board? Sorry, this is the first time I am trying to understand a schema. The BANK_xxx seem to be clear to me, but not the access to the hidden pins like IO_SA_A6 (GPIO12/DBG_UART_TX).

LubOlimex

sures

Thanks a lot for the illustration.