A13-OlinuXino-Micro Battery Powered plus Charging Circuit

Started by lordlothar, March 18, 2013, 05:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lordlothar

Hello,

For my project with A13-OlinuXino-Micro, I have to create a circuit in order to make the board battery powered. So, do you think that a dc-dc voltage converter would be enough (raise voltage from 3.7V to 5V and use this battery) or do I need something else?

Also, about the charging circuit, can it be on the board, or will there be a conflict with the existing powering circuit? I mean, could I just use something like this?

I know that the normal A13-OlinuXino is better for portable apps, but for the needs of my project I have to modify the battery circuit on my own!

Thanks in advance!

LubOlimex

Hey lordlothar,

You can use the 3.7 battery and USB-lipo but you will need own converter 3.7V -> 5V (taking in account the voltage difference in fully charged to fully discharged battery).

Note this setup will probably consume a lot of power.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

lordlothar

Hey,

Thanks for the reply! I am aware that power consumption will be much higher than if I used AXP209 IC. Another question, could you tell me how much current is required at most, for A13-OlinuXino-Micro PLUS A13-LCD7-TS setup? I have roughly calculated 1A taking in account the datasheets. Is it correct?

Thanks again,
Dimitris

BJFreeman

Fulltimer since 89

BJFreeman

Fulltimer since 89