A20 with the A13-LCD10 TS running debian

Started by fab, January 24, 2014, 09:57:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fab

Hi everybody,

Is there anyone who is successfully using the Olimex A20 board with the A13-LCD10 touchscreen, based on the current stock debian system?

I am going to buy these 2 items, but prior to the purchase, I would like to have some user's return regarding the touchscreen.

Thx
Fabian

fab

Hi,

I am replying to myself.
Yes the touchscreen is working either on the stock debian (µSD) and android (NAND).
Nevertheless the screen is very hard to attached to any kind of panels, as there is no frame delivered with the screen, and the resistive panel is actually not mounted on the screen itself.

Fab

dave-at-axon

There is a couple of ways to do this.

Install the touch screen to the LCD using double sided tape. I do this for development work.

For the final builds I keep them separate as it allows easy replacement of the touch panel (people have a bad habit of using pens to touch the screen with)

I use a 4mm thickness panel and then create a cavity on the rear that is 3mm deep. The touch panel is 1.5mm and with a 1mm soft gasket, it compresses a little to allow the LCD to sit in the cavity. I then use small plastic clamps to secure the LCD in the panel taking care not to bend it.

I use Schaeffer-ag or if in the USA you can use Front Panel Express to get small runs of panels made.