how many layers in A13-OLinuXino-WIFI PCB

Started by galileo-c, June 28, 2014, 09:48:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galileo-c

Hi  :)
i want to make a copy of A13-OLinuXino-WIFI board , but in my country there is no capability to make PCB that is over 2 layer .
1-so how many layers in the PCB of A13-OLinuXino-WIFI?
2-does all the components on A13-OLinuXino-WIFI is handsoldering-friendly ? (all the components is TQFP package?) or there is some components in BGA package ?

Thanks

dave-at-axon

It is 4 layer. Download the hardware design files and load them with Eagle. It is free to view if you don't have a version that can edit them.

There are 2 BGA type devices on the board (SDRAM) so hand soldering is not going to work.

On the others, you will have to have had very good experience of doing SMD by hand to be able to do them. There are a lot of very close and small components on this board. I would not recommend this for more than 1 board just for prototyping but if you can, get it professionally done.

I am not sure which country you are in but surely you can order from overseas and import them? Doing from the likes of Seeed Studio or DFRobot is very cheap. I've used both before. They are very good quality.