How to flash NAND with Android OS without using LiveSuit (maybe form SD card) ??

Started by ameba, April 18, 2014, 10:46:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ameba

Hi All.

Is there any instruction how to flash NAND with Android OS without using LiveSuit/Phoenix?
I found this wiki page http://linux-sunxi.org/Installing_to_NAND, but as I understand it works for Linux kernel only.
I want install Android to NAND using SD card with Linux or some othe way.

Thanks

onefang

You should be able to combine the info on that page with the info on this page -

http://linux-sunxi.org/Boot_Android_from_SdCard

Which starts by telling you how to extract all the bits from a LiveSuit/Phoenix android image using open source tools.  From there you could combine the instructions on both pages to install to NAND instead of SD.  I've not actually tried that, yet.

camdbug

was there any progress on this? I work primarily on Mac/Linux and don't have a windows box available to me (and have an inbuilt reluctance to create Windows VMs :o ). I'd love to be able to update the Android kernel to NAND via a more direct route if the option were there. Bet they don't have CWM Recovery for these devices!  ;D

JohnS

camdbug

Thanks, I shall look into that.

The main problem I have right now is that there is just so MUCH information ;) Which is a great thing of course. I had experimented with another device I already owned, but when it came to recompiling and signing new android kernel packages for that it was a nightmare trying to find sources and consistent information, so after 2 weeks of struggling I came to this hardware (which I was aware of, but holding off on the extra expense). Before buying, the first thing I did was compile a stock kernel for the A20 following info in the wiki - and it went so smoothly (although I have not actually tested it yet!) that the decision was made for me.

JohnS

Yes, there's lots and yet it's also incomplete due to Allwinner only releasing some parts.  There again, hugely complex CPUs.

Have fun....

John