Help with A13 Tablet [Kinda OT]

Started by Jamal, November 16, 2015, 01:10:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamal

Hello all,

I have a Forfun Q88DB tablet that uses the Allwinner A13 board. My first attempt at getting Linux on it went OK using the R18 Ubuntu image provided here. There were a few problems, xrandr wouldn't let me change to my native resolution (crtc 0 error) after manually adding a new mode. I also didn't have any touchscreen support which was the major issue. But I had wifi, ssh, out-of-the-box. Was even able to switch to LXDE after updating my repo sources.

Hungry for a cleaner build, I attempted to follow this guide as best I could. Got decently far and ultimately was prevented from building the kernel at this step:

QuoteThe menuconfig created a .config text file, which you can view/edit even with a text editor like vi

if you want to use GPIOs for instance they are not enabled by default and you can do this by adding:

SUN4I_GPIO_UGLY = y inside .config

then you can contiue with:

# make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- uImage

when this finish's you will have uImage ready and you can build the kernel modules:

# make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=out modules

# make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabi- INSTALL_MOD_PATH=out modules_install

DONE! At this point you have uboot and kernel builds ready.

It was at this point I received compiling errors related to either gcc-5 or the lack of a different required version maybe?

I realize this a lot to ask and a bit of stretch, and that I'm probably having more than one issue, but can anyone help me figure this out at all? Would love to provide an update image for my hardware at sunxi.org after I get it running smooth. Thanks.

JohnS

Definitely OT.  I suggest you find somewhere relevant, such as a tablet forum.

John