Default Display Resolution

Started by PW, December 21, 2015, 11:54:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PW

Has anyone had success in building the LIME2 kernel to default the display resolution to full HD (1920x1080)?

The first thing I tried was using the ADB shell command to force it to HD to ensure it could drive a full HD display: "am display-size 1920x1080" which worked but setting does not remain over the next power cycle.

I then tried changing the default values in the file .../lichee/tools/pack/chips/sun7i/configs/android/olinusino-a20/sys_config.fex:
lcd_x from 1024 to 1920
lcd_y from 600 to 1080
dram_size from 1024 to 1920

This, however, causes strange behaviors where the display only refreshes at ~3Hz (completely unusable), and it turns off after 5sec. The system is still up and unning "top" doesn't show anything consuming the CPU. Is there some other setting I am missing in the fex file to get the default resolution over HDMI to be full HD?

Thanks,
-Phil

Anton_A

PW

I have made some progress in that the display now comes up at 1920x1080 but the frame rate/response time is terrible where the screen jitters a lot. The changes I have made are as follows:

Default LCD timings from Olinux:
lcd_x         = 1024
lcd_y         = 600
lcd_dclk_freq = 45   (pixel clock frequency in MHz)
lcd_hbp       = 160  (hsync back porch)
lcd_ht        = 1200 (hsync total cycle)
lcd_vbp       = 23   (vsync back porch)
lcd_vt        = 1250 (vsync total cycle)
lcd_vspw      = 2    (hsync pulse width)
lcd_hspw      = 10   (vsync pulse width)

Changed the following:
lcd_x         = 1920
lcd_y         = 1080
lcd_dclk_freq = 144  (pixel clock frequency in MHz)
lcd_hbp       = 23   (hsync back porch)
lcd_ht        = 1950 (hsync total cycle)
lcd_vt        = 2250 (vsync total cycle)

Does any one have any additional insight into getting this to work more smoothly?