NAND magic -boot issue

Started by alekata, November 19, 2016, 01:57:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alekata

HI everyone,

I have a hardware based on Olimex LIME 4GB board which includes NAND that is not flashed at all from Olimex.
When trying to either nand-part or nand-install, messages about magic numbers mismatch appears.
Even with that, nandinstall script continues but after finishing and rebooting device it doesn't boot at all.
Is there any way how to flash NAND properly when it is factory ampty rather than flashed form Olimex ?

JohnS

I expect Olimex would replace it if they somehow forgot to flash it.

You should be able to write it even if empty, I believe.

Contact their support direct - much faster than posting and hoping they see the message.

John

alekata

The problem is not with olimex's board but with my custom designed hardware that contains A20 and NAND.
According to this guide : https://www.olimex.com/wiki/How_to_install_Debian_to_NAND, it seems that the problem is with locked or hidden boot0 and boot1 code which can be only flashed using Android tools.
The problem is that all of these unlock tools are based on the USB booting but my hardware doesn't have any USB ports available.
In general this is a big issue if one wants to develop/produce devices based on the A20 !.
Therefore I am interested in a method or procedure how to flash and boot from NAND on a bare chip and customly designed hardware ?!

JohnS

I think you may have to at least have USB available but refer to the AW doc and also linux-sunxi site or pay AW for more information.

John