Dragonface not working?

Started by gizzmo, May 24, 2017, 05:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gizzmo

Can anyone help?
I need to use a capacitive touch screen with an A20SOM.
I use dragonface to load the A20 firmware (A20_android_422_TS_USB_UART_I2C_WIFI_LAN_HDMI_LCD_800x480_release_3.img)
So far so good, then I click on "Advanced settings" - "System configuration" to open the configuration.
I then as a first test I try to disable the resistive touch screen by changing this;
[rtp_para]
rtp_used = 1
th this;
[rtp_para]
rtp_used = 0
Then save and then save the entire image with the "Save" option.
When I reload the newly saved image the touch screen is still anabled?
When I look at the Dragonface.log I see these errors;

##########################################################
DBDevMan: Execute:adb devices

ADBDevMan: Run Result
* daemon not running. starting it now on port 5037 *
* daemon started successfully *
List of devices attached

DragonFace<******-----*****>: Load fes1.fex isn't exist. Ln643

ADBDevMan: Load script.dll ! return : 1, errcode:0

ADBDevMan: Load update_boot0.dll ! return : 1, errcode:0

ADBDevMan: Load update_boot1.dll ! return : 1, errcode:0

ADBDevMan: Load update_mbr33.dll ! return : 1, errcode:0

ADBDevMan: Load update_uboot2.dll ! return : 1, errcode:0

ADBDevMan: Load update_fes1.dll ! return : 1, errcode:0

DragonFace<******-----*****>: Load Part:C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\bootloader.lhs

DragonFace<******-----*****>: Load Part:C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\system.lhs

DragonFace<******-----*****>: Begin LoadSystem size

DragonFace<******-----*****>: LoadSystem size = 524288

DragonFace<******-----*****>: Load System OK

DragonFace<******-----*****>: Load Part:C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\data.lhs

DragonFace<******-----*****>: ****Load Image item [RFSFAT16] [DATA_FEX00000000] Failed.

DragonFace<******-----*****>: Load Part:C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\udisk.lhs

ADMFsop: DownLoadFile :  init.sun4i.rc <---> C:\Users\mike\Desktop\Olimex\Dragonface_v2_2\Dragonface_V2.2.0ini.rc
ADMFsop: DownLoadFile :  init.sun5i.rc <---> C:\Users\mike\Desktop\Olimex\Dragonface_v2_2\Dragonface_V2.2.0ini.rc
ADMFsop: DownLoadFile :  init.sun6i.rc <---> C:\Users\mike\Desktop\Olimex\Dragonface_v2_2\Dragonface_V2.2.0ini.rc
ADMFsop: DownLoadFile :  init.f1.rc <---> C:\Users\mike\Desktop\Olimex\Dragonface_v2_2\Dragonface_V2.2.0ini.rc
DragonFace<******-----*****>: LoadCfg = 1651_items.cfg

ADMFsop: DownLoadFile :  800x480_initlogo.rle <---> C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\\customlogo.lhs
ADBDevMan: Execute:adb devices

List of devices attached

ADBDevMan: Execute:adb shell busybox df -m

error: device not found

DragonFace<******-----*****>: ro.product.model
DragonFace<******-----*****>: ro.product.firmware
DragonFace<******-----*****>: ro.product.brand
DragonFace<******-----*****>: ro.build.display.id
DragonFace<******-----*****>: ro.product.model
DragonFace<******-----*****>: ro.product.firmware
DragonFace<******-----*****>: ro.product.brand
DragonFace<******-----*****>: ro.build.display.id
ADMFsop: UpLoadFile :  C:\Users\mike\AppData\Local\Temp\\customlogo.lhs <---> 800x480_initlogo.rle
DragonFace<******-----*****>: Begin save logo bmp ,Size:800x480
DragonFace<******-----*****>: Bmp is not null
DragonFace<******-----*****>:  save logo bmp success
DragonFace<******-----*****>: Begin updatemode
DragonFace<******-----*****>: End updatemode
DragonFace<******-----*****>: Save the Image Part [RFSFAT16,DATA_FEX00000000] failed.
#############################################

I think it is not changing the RTP configuration for some reason?
Can anyone help - any ideas,
Thanks.

LubOlimex

Hey,

This is not the correct image.

You are trying to use image suitable for A20-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB, and you need to use the image for A20-SOM.

Links to the A20-SOM images can be found here: https://www.olimex.com/wiki/A20-SOM

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

gizzmo

Thank you for your'e reply. OOPS, Sorry I know it's not...
Eventaully I will use an A20SOM, but for now it's easier for me to develop on an A20 olixino micro board hence the choice of A20_android_422_TS_USB_UART_I2C_WIFI_LAN_HDMI_LCD_800x480_release_3.img firmware. Sorry I should have made mentioned this.
The firmware loads and runs fine on this board.
Trouble is I can't get the script.bin modifications to work?
Most odd is that it still runs fine even if I completely delete the script.bin?
Any ideas,
Thanks regards
Mike.

LubOlimex

So you have A20-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB board at your disposal? Which hardware revision exactly?

I can try your test here if I know the exact hardware that you use.

gizzmo

Hi, thanks for your help,
The hardware revision is rev G
Not sure if this is relavent,
but early on in the product development the dragon face was working fine, I could change the bootup screen to my company logo fine, from memory this was a time before my pc was updated from windows 7 to 10,
What I desparately need is for dragon face to work with your a20-SOM (4G or SD, I have both types here), I am only developing with the A20-micro as it is easier for me to solder on to has the pin sockets. So if it's easier to get dragon face working on the A20-som then this would be best.
Regards
Mike.

LubOlimex

"Most odd is that it still runs fine even if I completely delete the script.bin?"

This doesn't happen here, for sure. I am able to delete everything from the script and then save the image, despite that few errors pop up (using DragonFace 2.2.5 and Windows 10 x64). However, there is no way to load that modified image to the NAND memory via PhoenixSuit - the software returns Fel2Fes Error and terminates.

"When I reload the newly saved image the touch screen is still anabled?"

I'm not sure if the touschscreen screen gets enabled via the script. So it is not clear if you can edit it out of there. What I'm sure about is that the LCD and HDMI settings can be edited in the script, so for testing purposes disable the LCD from the script. Go to:

[lcd0_para]
lcd_used = 1

and change to lcd_used = 0 - then test if there is LCD image.

I tested the above and the 7 inch LCD that worked with the original image indeed stopped working after the edit.

If you don't have 7 inch LCD for testing do the same for hdmi_used = 0 in [hdmi_para].

"What I desparately need is for dragon face to work with your a20-SOM (4G or SD, I have both types here), I am only developing with the A20-micro as it is easier for me to solder on to has the pin sockets."

It is a good idea to re-build the Android image instead of figuring out DragonFace. DragonFace is ok for minor changes like GPIO pin assignments and LCD resolution but some parts of the script are not editable. This is the official repository for rebuilding Android: https://github.com/hehopmajieh/olinuxino_configs

This quite a helpful blog on rebuilding Android: https://axonjakarta.wordpress.com/2014/02/14/olimex-a20-android-building-4/ and https://axonjakarta.wordpress.com/2014/09/25/using-the-default-7-lcd-from-olimex/

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

LubOlimex

The logo change also works, as long as you also change in the script the following:

lcd_pwm_pol = 0

to

lcd_pwm_pol = 1

Edit: else the logo is not visible during boot

Perform the above for your display medium again (you can change it two times for both lcd0 and lcd1 if you are not sure).

I did test with my awesome custom logo as visible here: http://i.imgur.com/eQGORnn.jpg

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX

gizzmo

Hi Lub,
Thanks for your help.
This makes more sense now, I had assumed that all the stuff was controlled by the script.bin, now I know the resistive touch screen isn't I now see what needs to be done.
I need to build from scratch with Linux. Hum,,,,
I like you custom Logo,
Best regards Mike.  :)