How long will the lipo provide power

Started by empedokles, May 13, 2013, 01:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

empedokles

How long does a lipo last to power the A13?

olimex

depend on what mode is put the processor, if there is LCD etc the power consumption vary
normally A13 only the board takes about 0.3-0.4A, so  LiPo1400mA is 1.4Ah and will provide power for about 3-4 hours

kizzoalfa

Hi,

I think the Lipo issue still not solved. I checked and measured time again and against board is in sleep (LCD oFF) the battery get discharged very quickly. Can you please investigate this from HW development point of view?

Here is the corresponding post group: https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=1225.0

Thanks, Zoltan

BJFreeman

the A13 Wifi board with nothing connected takes about 6Watts
Fulltimer since 89

kizzoalfa

That is a lot! How can we have thr system in STBY than?

olimex

@BJFreeman how did you measured these 6W?

A13-OLinuXino-WIFI without display needs less 2W

kizzoalfa

Quote from: olimex on May 17, 2013, 02:39:11 PM

But as I noticed it is discharging the LiPo very quickly so there is no low consumption STBY / Sleepmode. (I tried with Android image by 800x480LCD).

JohnS

How long do you mean by "very quickly"?

John

BJFreeman

Quote from: olimex on May 17, 2013, 02:39:11 PM

From Tsvetan, on the #olimex board.
I was commenting how my 1400Mah battery discharged in a few hours.
glad to know it is only 2W
Fulltimer since 89

kizzoalfa

Quote from: JohnS on May 17, 2013, 08:21:13 PM
How long do you mean by "very quickly"?

John

Hi, it is flat in couple of hours. Normally if you push the power button to enter into STBY like on my 7" Galaxy TAB the system has to go to a low consumption mode. OK, the Samsung has 4000mAh but I tried and it was in STBY for 1.5 months nut cpmparet to the 1400mAh / 3 hours, there is something NOK. ( I have 4 wifi boards and all of them has the same issue.)

Zoltan

JohnS

I can't find anything to suggest the expected time for the Olimex board so maybe they'll state a target/designed figure for Android standby.

(I planned to have mine off rather than standby and to use Linux not the Linux-based Android.)

John