US Seller for A20?

Started by newmiracle, October 27, 2013, 03:00:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

newmiracle

Hi, I'm interested in the A20 with NAND. I was looking around to see if I could buy it from a seller in the US to save on shipping.

Does anyone have any recommendations? I see them at Mouser, but I wanted to check to see if there were better options before I pulled the trigger. Also, would it be more beneficial to Olimex if I ordered direct? I wouldn't mind paying a little extra to support a good company.

Any US A20 users that can weigh in?

progmetalbg

https://www.olimex.com/Distributors/

It is most probably cheaper to buy a single board from Mouser or Digikey than order it directly from Olimex - shipping to USA is expensive.
Price of the board in Digikey seems to be lower:
http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/A20-OLINUXINO-MICRO-4GB/1188-1103-ND/4360251

PS: I'm not a US user  ;)

martinayotte

You can order directly, it still pretty fast, my last order came from UPS within 4-5 days from Bulgaria to Canada ...

phonzie

I bought mine from Digi-Key; it was my first purchase with them and I was very pleased.  One of the reason why I chose Digikey is that they are located in Minnesota and I live in Iowa.  I ordered the board at 7:15pm on a Tuesday night, they had the board picked up by UPS by 9:00pm and I got the board on Thursday at 1:30pm.

I'm pretty sure Mouser is located in California.  The day I ordered mine, they either were the same price or within a dollar, so that all played into my decision.

I also bought a Debian micro SD card.  I ended up reformatting it and installing a new image, because of video display problem.  The price of the SD card was reasonable, so it didn't really bother me.

BIG-L

Mouser is in Texas - good service to the East coast - I buy from them frequently.  If you want it quickly Mouser or DigiKey will make it happen.

Have also purchased directly off Ebay - good service but takes a week or 10 days from Europe.

:)