Case for A13 ?

Started by bsrdjan, October 25, 2012, 04:45:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bsrdjan

Hi --,

any recommendations which case enclosure to use for A13 / A13-WiFi ?

Thanks,
srdjan

bsrdjan

bernard

I will give out a generic answer here as this question would apply to *any* piece of PCB out there. It highly depends on how you want to use the board for. There is no one solution to recommend. You can use those industrial metal cases with a door (typically with a key lock). You just drill holes and have "posts" to install the board. That way it can be mounted permanently on a wall within an industrial control room. Or have some sort of plastic case big enough to hold the board, a battery, a few connectors and maybe a hole for a LCD+Touch so you can make a hand held device? Or have a waterproof thingy so you can install it outside where it could rain?  Really, it's up to you and what type of application you want to do. Just pickup the board size (including height), screw hole positions, connectors, and go case shopping.

Good luck and share your findings!

bsrdjan

Hi --,

apologize, my question was incomplete.

I am looking for any case, cheap case that should protect the board while experimenting.

Any recommendations welcome

Thanks and regards,

BJFreeman

I took two pieces of 3/8 plastic sheet and used stand off on the component side for clearance.
Fulltimer since 89

Lurch

I mounted mine on Tamiya base plates: http://www.pololu.com/catalog/product/734
Not a closed case, but very sturdy and plenty of space to add other modules.