July 07, 2024, 12:23:29 PM

MOD-RFID1356-BOX Win7

Started by joe10s, January 22, 2014, 01:05:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joe10s

I am trying to use a Win7 PC to control the MOD-RFID1356-BOX reader. I cannot find any instructions for how to install the HID and CDC drivers correctly. Please help.

LubOlimex

Hey there,

The general instructions are as follows:

1. Download and extract this archive: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Modules/RFID/_resources/MOD-RFID-drivers.zip

2. Plug MOD-RFID1356-BOX

3. Open "Windows Device Manager" (click "Start" button and in the search write "devmgmt.msc"). Find the unrecognized device that is the plugged. If you can't recognize which device it is unplug and plug it again until you are sure the "Windows Device Manager" entry you see popping is related to the MOD-RFID1356-BOX.

4. Right-click on that entry and choose to update the drivers from "Update Driver Software". Choose "Browse my computer for driver software" (bottom choice) and then point to the folder where you extracted the drivers.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex

joe10s

Thanks for the prompt response. It was partially helpful. I was able to follow your instruction and was able to identify the USB Input device. But when I tried to update the driver Popup reports that the driver is the most recent driver. This is OK for HID mode but I need to access the virtual com port to support CDC.

How do I enable CDC in Win&?

Thanks again.

LubOlimex

Hey joe,

HID mode doesn't require drivers. It is plug-and-play.

You need drivers only for the CDC mode. Ensure that you are in CDC mode according to the LEDs as described in the user's manual and then plug the device. Check Windows Device Manager. If there is an unrecognized device point the drivers for it. Else plug unplug it until you find it.

Check if your windows is not blocking the drivers by disabling any "Driver Signature Enforcement" policy it might have.

Best regards,
Lub/OLIMEX
Technical support and documentation manager at Olimex