QT framework

Started by luckyLuc, November 03, 2012, 07:34:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luckyLuc

Hi all,

As an alternative for a windows XPembedded datalogging system, I want to use an olinuxino board.
I am a linux newbie, so I wonder if it is possible to port QT4 to this board (running linux)?

Kind regards

Luc

zgyarmati

Hi, certainly possible, the QT framework supports to compile with different toolchains for different architectures, see for exmaple here: http://qt-project.org/wiki/Support_for_Embedded_Linux
--<br />Zoltan Gyarmati

marcellus.pereira

I'm using Qt with embedded ARM since the 4.2 version. It always worked fine for me.

I'd just compiled it to the A13, but I'm facing a problem with the LCD. As soon as I get i working, I can send the rootfs to you, if you like.

[]s

olimex

what problems with the LCD?

marcellus.pereira

Thanks for asking, dear admin.

As I said in this topic [https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=264.0], I'm trying to get some images or, even better, a console in the LCD7. When the board boots the Android image, the LCD works fine. But when I try the Linux image, nothing shows up.

[]s!

olimex

I guess you didn't switch ON the LCD backligh by setting PIN6?

luckyLuc

Thanks for all replies !
This forum lives, I'll order a board.

Kind regards
Luc

marcellus.pereira

Quote from: olimex on November 05, 2012, 11:07:01 PM
I guess you didn't switch ON the LCD backligh by setting PIN6?

Indeed, not. I thought the driver take care of it. I'll keep you informed.

Thank you again!

[]s

marcellus.pereira

Dear ALL, it's alive! I mean: it works!

The pin 36 of LCD connector controls the backlight. And backlight is activated by GND or "0" logic signal.

Unfortunately, I could not find information about PWM registers to make a driver, so I cut the cable and grounded it. I changed the environment variable "console" to "console=tty0 console=ttyS0,115200", so I can see the console at the LCD and at serial port simultaneously.

David Goadby

I'm at the stage where VGA works fine although occasionally a text line seems to get scrambled. Now I too need the LCD on.

One answer seems to indicate that PIN6 needs to be set. Then Marcellus says he carried out a hardware modification to hard-wire PIN36 - the backlight.

I am happy to do either of the above if the LCD comes on but can someone explain what is really required here before I proceed? Is it the PWM driver that needs fixing, can we just set PIN6 like any other IO pin? Or do we really need to get the soldering iron out. Since Android on LCD works fine I am, sure there is a software solution to this so maybe the soldering iron solution is just a temporary one.

David Goadby

guille36

great work! could you post a simple how to?
thanks