Bill Of Materials for Eagle Board Design

Started by jmark1m, June 26, 2014, 11:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmark1m

Is the Bill of Materials / Manufacturer part numbers available for this board? 

I can't find them any where in the eagle material / git hub repo.  I assumed the Bill would be open if it was open hardware.  Wanted to add some connectors / fets to the board.

Thanks.

olimex

BOM can be extracted from the Eagle files by running bom.ulp

dave-at-axon

I had a look at this myself. Eagle does not have any output that has the part numbers of even just manufacturers numbers in there. I use Altium Designer and I add additional parameters with supplier details etc.

I think the OP is looking for full part numbers, at least manufacturers numbers, for each part.

jmark1m

Dave,

That's right.  I was looking for manufacturer part numbers.  I have already run bom.ulp on the Eagle Schematic file and that information is not provided.

Mark

olimex

feed the Eagle generated BOM to your assembler or purchaser and he will do the job
there are tons of manufacturers for resistors capacitors etc
the important parameters for the parts are included in the name like the inductors DC resistance etc there may be many sources for same parts, I do not see reason to limit these to one like digikey etc.

jmark1m

I am in agreement with you that there is no need to limit parts with multiple crosses.

But I would recommend that you simply put in your BOM the part you are using to manufacture currently and then put the simple words "OR EQUIVALENT" after it.

It's not as if I may want the information to feed to an assembler.  I may want the information to double check your RoHS status.  I may want to double check temperature effects on the parts you have picked.  How can you possibly know what the community can use this information for?

Although the Olimex A20 is much superior to other Arm Boards (BBB?), the BBB does provide an excel list of manufacturing part numbers.

Is this open source or partially open source?

Mark

JohnS

Does it not feature the OSHW logo?  If so, there's the answer :)

If not, ditto.

John

olimex

Mark please tell me where the OSHW definition state that you have to disclosure your parts suppliers? ;)

OLinuXino is 100% OSHW and provides all source files, so anyone who wants can study, modify, distribute, make, and sell the design or hardware based on that design.