A20-OLinuXino-LIME does not boot from SDHC

Started by syntax3rror, July 29, 2014, 03:54:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

syntax3rror

Hi,

I downloaded the Debian image for the A20-OLinuXino-LIME, decompressed it and wrote it to a 16 GB SDHC memory card (yes, I know, this might look like a waste of space).

I tried to boot the A20-OLinuXino-LIME but it only showed a yellow LED flashing near the power jack. However, my A20-OLinuXino-MICRO-4GB I usually use with the SDHC card with preinstalled Debian could boot from the 16GB SDHC card I just wrote.

Do you have any ideas what I could be doing wrong?

Sebastian

frederic_alexandre

Hi,
we 've already open a thread on this point.
The solution I found to handle tis problem is, boot without your SD card, and wait until android boots.
Then insert your sd card and press reset.
I don't know where this problem comes from, but to me it fixes the problem.
Hope it will help
Best regards,

syntax3rror

This is hardly an option since I have the board without NAND memory which means: without Android.

Sebastian

frederic_alexandre

Sorry so, I can help, but I would be interested by the way you will fix that.

syntax3rror

Quote from: frederic_alexandre on July 29, 2014, 05:42:58 PM

I am afraid it cannot be fixed. I ordered the wrong power supply (12V). When I noticed this was a too high voltage I ordered the right one but meanwhile tried to boot the A20 LIME using the power supply from the A20-Micro which I thought to be rated at 5 V as  well.

Right now I noticed this was wrong :-(

Sebastian

syntax3rror

Quote from: syntax3rror on July 29, 2014, 09:03:10 PM

I am afraid it cannot be fixed.

I ordered another A20-OLinuXino-LIME from Amazon this time and used the 5V power supply. However, it showed the same problem and could not boot the image. Only the yellow LiPo-LED was flashing.

For me, the A20-OLinuXino-LIME is at the moment an completely useless crap where I am unable to run anything on it.

This sucks! Sorry guys.

JohnS

Time to measure the actual voltage of the power supply as it sounds like you fried one or both boards.

The -MICRO doesn't look to use 5V PSU.

John

syntax3rror

Quote from: JohnS on August 08, 2014, 11:55:34 PM
Time to measure the actual voltage of the power supply as it sounds like you fried one or both boards.

The -MICRO doesn't look to use 5V PSU.

John

I probably fried the first board which I used wit the power supply of the -MICRO. I used the second -LIME only with the 5V power supply I bought from Olimex.

JohnS

It's something else you're doing wrong, then.  Use a serial port for the console to see how far it gets.  Or use FEL mode.  Or ... any of the standard ways covered for AW devices here & on the various wikis.

John

kaloyan

Quote from: syntax3rror on August 08, 2014, 09:42:01 PM
Quote from: syntax3rror on July 29, 2014, 09:03:10 PM

I am afraid it cannot be fixed.

I ordered another A20-OLinuXino-LIME from Amazon this time and used the 5V power supply. However, it showed the same problem and could not boot the image. Only the yellow LiPo-LED was flashing.

For me, the A20-OLinuXino-LIME is at the moment an completely useless crap where I am unable to run anything on it.

This sucks! Sorry guys.

I had the same LiPo LED issue. I changed the power supply(5V/1A) with a better one(5V/2.5A) and it was fixed.
https://www.olimex.com/forum/index.php?topic=3624.0

syntax3rror

I just noticed Olimex released an updated Debian-Linux image (a20_Lime_debian_3.4.90_release_2.img) which worked like a charm. On both devices (one of them I was afraid to be fried)

Thank you very much!

:)

jimd

Related topic:

Also a newbie....power button (green LED) on new A20-OlinuXino worked correctly a few times with successful boots to Debian image...... and then quit working altogether.  Red LED power light is still active.  Any ideas??