Display direct plug into board

Started by jlucius, October 09, 2014, 12:25:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jlucius

Hi

I am searching for a way to directly plug a 4.3" Display into an Olinuxino-A20-Micro without the cable.

Is there any short female-female connector that is usable for this? I am only finding the standard IDE onnectors for cables.

Are there other possibilities? Is there a solderable female connector? Would this likly destroy the board?

MBR

You can make very short cable from a long IDE one, all you need is to very, very carefully disasseble the connector and attach it on the cable again, with scissors, some pointy tool (eg. a small flat screwdriver), someting to press the connector on the cable (I use a small metalworking vise), precision and luck. I used to make shorter cables for IDE drives this way and I currently use cca. 5cm cable to connect the LCD to the board.

And yes, there are female 40-pin connector, but I never seen a female-female reduction for more than 10 pins. You can try to make one from two connectors (even the cable ones) and a small piece of two-layer PCB, but the result will have the same height as a short cable.