KitKat 4.4.4 or Lollipop for the A20 Micro ?

Started by nocountryman, November 28, 2014, 12:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nocountryman

Hi everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone knows about 4.4.4 for the board or lollipop?
if an image exists at all, or there are some instructions how to build it ?

from what i understood from this forum is that even for the 4.2 it was difficult to get the instructions for building an image.

i've seen some news from the beginning on the year that allwinner released an SDK for a31 and possibly for a20 (this i cant confirm as the page where the news allegedly is does not load)

but i keep my hopes up ;|\00

thanks in advance for any info ;)

dave-at-axon

Hi there,

Building is easy once you have all the missing bits from the Olimex download :)

I've tried to build the AOSP for 4.4 for the A20 by first building the AOSP straight from the Google servers and it builds OK. The issue was trying to add the Allwinner parts from the 4.2.2 build. A lot of changes have been made to the way 4.4 builds so I ended up remaining with 4.2.2 for the time being.

I also think you need the correct BINARY files for it and these would have to come from Allwinner. I don't think the 4.2.2 BINARIES are compatible.

I've not completely given up, it's just shelved whilst I sort out the current build.

wildzero

The is a 4.4 image for the Banana Pi (also A20 based):

http://www.bananapi.com/index.php/news?layout=edit&id=47

@dave-at-axon
This should be also useful for you, to get binary you need, or to compare your build.

dave-at-axon

Could be useful but they are images only and I could not find the source code yet.