First start A20 Lime

Started by gpls, February 07, 2015, 09:45:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gpls

I have question about first run A20 Lime with SD card without external tft vga etc - only console on win7. I have debian image on slot sd card (card 8GB class10), next i connect USB-OTG to win7. How i can connect with A20 via console ? I need to connect via UART0 Console ? In past i used bbblack witch only need to connect miniusb. 

progmetalbg

You need USB to serial cable, like this one sold by Olimex: https://www.olimex.com/Products/Components/Cables/USB-Serial-Cable/USB-Serial-Cable-F/ or others sold in ebay, aliexpress, etc.. (search for pl2303).
When you plug it on your Windows machine it will be presented as COMx port (COM3 for example), in Linux it would be /dev/ttyUSBx
The "female" cables are connected to UART pins of the board.
As a final step configure putty in Windows, speed 115200, no parity

gpls

Ok, this works ok, but i have next question. I would like to connect virtual screen vnc to windows, for ex. via UltraVNC. How is procedurÄ™ to run virtual screen VNC ? I haven't any screen (lcd, vga,hdmi). I have only connection via uart and i have connector Ethernet.

JohnS

Probably
ssh
over the net

Again, probably with -X

google / man will get you details

John

Gerrit

Quote from: gpls on February 13, 2015, 07:30:22 PM
Ok, this works ok, but i have next question. I would like to connect virtual screen vnc to windows, for ex. via UltraVNC. How is procedurÄ™ to run virtual screen VNC ? I haven't any screen (lcd, vga,hdmi). I have only connection via uart and i have connector Ethernet.

If you have configured the board to connect to your LAN, then just connect with UltraVNC to the IP address from the A20 board VNC is running by default.

gpls

ok, i connect vnc via ip adress from usb-otg, this work very ok. In past (about year ago) i work z bbblack, and set up olinuxino is very faster.
Next step : I would like to write simple program like "blikning led" :-)
And another ster: connect Analog to digital converter to olinuxino.

Thank You all for your help.