A13-SOM custom baseboard - problem with vbus enable and device tree

Started by corrie, August 02, 2015, 11:14:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

corrie

Hi Olimex Community.

Short version of my problem: I built a custom baseboard for my A13-SOM-256 and unfortunately, i used TI TPS2021 vbus switches for usb. Their ENABLE pin is active low. I somehow manged to make up for that by manipulating the fex file (i think setting usb_host_init_state = 1 essentially made it work w/ an active low ENABLE pin), but i had to switch to a recent linux kernel (using 4.2 rc) b/c of a device driver and here i have to use device tree, not FEX.
Now my linux kernel turns of vbus power when it wants to turn it on, making usb useless.

Has anybody here experienced similar challenges with the vbus enable pin and knows their way around the device tree files? Basically, i´m just not getting how i can tell the usb host driver that the enable pin is active low, not active high.
Or is anybody using a recent kernel with device tree support with an A13-SOM and can tell me how they build the device tree source file (or where they got them)? I hacked mine together from the sun5i-a13-OlinuXinoM.dts and it is actually a pretty big mess. I´m not a programmer  ::)

Thank you in andvance,
Corrie/jet_grrrl