MOD-USB3G SMS with AT commands

Started by megamax, January 29, 2016, 08:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

megamax

Hi,
in a embedded system connected to internet with the mod-usb3g i would implement a recovery method through sms when connection isn't available.
I tried to receive sms with AT commands but the AT+CMGL="ALL" command answer only "OK". I tried to change storage area with +CMGR, change text and pdu mode, and other but nothing to do.  With another USB dongle it works perfectly. Are there any suggestions?

JohnS

megamax

I tried both text and pdu mode, you mean something else?

JohnS

Just wondering.  Is it definitely supported by the chip?

John

megamax

I think so.. in the product page (https://www.olimex.com/Products/USB-Modules/MOD-USB3G/ ) is written "supports voice calls and SMS" and generally Huawei E1750 supports sms

megamax

Can be confirmed by Olimex if MOD-USB3G support SMS? Can they test last USB Dongles? Mine is not black and orange such in product photo, is all grey and I bought it on 31/08/2015.
Thanks in advance.

lambda

Hi,

it's a bit late, but I just found this thread while searching for information to fix my own MOD-USB3G problem, so answering this here anyway.

Yes, I can confirm that MOD-USB3G is working well for sending and receiving SMS. I'm using smstools3 and this is the relevant part of my config:

[GSM1]
init = AT+CNMI=0,0,0,0,0
device = /dev/ttyUSB0
incoming = yes
pin = xxxx
baudrate = 115200
#check_memory_method = 2
report_device_details = yes
memory_start = 0
phonecalls = clip
voicecall_clcc = yes

However it seems I can't get outgoing voicecalls to work: The modem hangs in some unkown state most of the time. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find a reasonable manual for the E1750 yet. There seem to be multiple ways how voice calls could be implemented, so I'm not 100% sure if it is a problem with the HW oder the documentation ...

lambda

Solved the problem with voice calls:
If I use /dev/ttyUSB2 instead of /dev/ttyUSB0 everything works fine!