A20 doesn't work after running change_display_olimex_A20.sh

Started by pistache, February 18, 2016, 08:46:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pistache

Hi.

At first use, my A20 works fine. (A20_OLinuxino_Micro_debian_34_90_release_10)
(on severals display : TV, computer screen).

I run /root/change_display_olimex_A20.sh to perfect display, and A20 reboot.
Since, black screen (no olimex startup logo, no signal). The green led on the board blink twice, delay, ...

Can you help me ?

Try to boot with another microSD card with original ISO, same problem.

Best regards

JohnS

If you tried an original ISO then sounds like a hardware fault.  Cable, display, etc.

John

pistache

Hi,

I try on another display, it works.
On this display, I don't touch hardware (cable, a20...) I run change_display_olimex_A20.sh , reboot made by this script... Same problem : blank screen, no signal.

It seems each time I do this script my A20 doesn't work at reboot? (I try a hardware reboot, change nothing...)

JohnS

But you do touch hardware - using that script.  Something about your display is the problem.

John

pistache

Sorry, I understood you mean that it was a material problem like cable unpluged...

When I received my new A20, I tryied it mon my TV (direct HDMI input), on my computer display (trought a VGA/HDMI adaptator) : there was video signal with both. But the resolution was wrong, ...
So why I used this script. And appears this problem.

Yes when I change my video configuration there is a trouble but I don't know how to solve my problem, because on the computer display or the TV, de default resolution don't by usable.

JohnS

One way is a different display (easy and quite cheap).

Or you can make changes to suit your display (may be hard for you).

John

pistache

Tryed on other displays, always the same problem.

Which log files can I inspect in /var/log to understand what is wrong ? (I can unplug the microSD and read it on another computer).

Thanks