kernel messages to LCD screen

Started by ajith, January 02, 2013, 02:07:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ajith

While booting Linux from SD card the messages are going to the uart. Is there any way to get the messages during boot time to the LCD interface ?

Mayank15

I am also interesting in knowing the answer to this question. Is there a way to run a script early enough to show the progress on the LCD screen?

jwischka

LCD support is at a kernel level, so if you can't load the kernel, I suspect you'll have problems getting the output to go to an LCD.

Someone else could certainly have a way to do it, but I don't know that it's going to be straightforward - it will probably require some sort of custom u-boot solution, if it can be done at all.

isidoro

Hallo, this is my first post Here.
Last week I began to play on this board, and I'm still at first step, by the way.
The solution to this post is to create on the vfat partition a file called uEnv.txt
and inside it write:

console=tty0

If you want to mantain console on serial to, though, multiple console= options are listed,

console=ttyS1,9600 console=tty0.

Thath's all folks, none to compile.
Ps: if this file is edited in windows, please use Uedit32 and translate to unix format, as windows notepad add control characters.

Quote from: jwischka on January 09, 2013, 06:33:27 AM
LCD support is at a kernel level, so if you can't load the kernel, I suspect you'll have problems getting the output to go to an LCD.

Someone else could certainly have a way to do it, but I don't know that it's going to be straightforward - it will probably require some sort of custom u-boot solution, if it can be done at all.