Debian + Audio

Started by Cure, January 04, 2013, 09:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure

Has anyone gotten the audio output to work with Debian?  If so what program did you use for testing, did you have to install drivers, etc?

Thanks,
Rob

lorenzo

I have audio working with mplayer and video files... I haven't change kernel configuration, so I think audio is supported.

BR
Lorenzo

lorenzo

Mmmhhh... Maybe here is the answer, sorry:

Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio decoders
AUDIO: 48000 Hz, 2 ch, s16le, 70.0 kbit/4.56% (ratio: 8749->192000)
Selected audio codec: [ffaac] afm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg AAC (MPEG-2/MPEG-4 Audio))

mplayer uses libavcodec from ffmpeg to decode audio. So I think you can try with that.

BR
Lorenzo

Cure

Thank you Lorenzo.  Up until now I was trying with earphones.  The next step will be to try mplayer and if that doesn't work I will also try with powered speakers.

I have built my own kernel so I'll post a followup if I get it working.

Cure

I tested this a while back but forgot to reply.  I did manage to get audio working on my A13 and don't see why it wouldn't work on the iMX233 as well.  I used http://linux.die.net/man/1/speaker-test:
speaker-test -t sine -f 300

It also runs .wav files, but you must first convert them to a 1 channel .wav and put the correct -r Hz value:
speaker-test -t wav -c0 -s1 -r 44100 -w /mnt/ftp/ringtone.wav

white_gecko

I want to play some music with my olimex board (A13) and if I run speaker-test the sound works, but mpg123 doesn't work is there anything special I have to consider?

white_gecko

Ok now I can play sound with alsaplayer, but how can I find out which device I have to use for mpg123?